Compassionate Nashville Celebrates Two Wonderful Years with
the Metro Human Relations Commission (APRIL 2013 - JULY 2015)
Some of the highlights include:
- The Metro Human Relations Commission has been the fiscal sponsor of the Compassionate Nashville campaign from April, 2013 to July 1, 2015. With this collaboration Nashville has earned international recognition as a compassionate city. Here are some of the highlights:
- September 10, 2013 - Nashville's Metro City Council and Mayor Karl Dean endorsed the Compassionate Resolution, making Nashville an official "Compassionate City."
- September 11-21, 2013 - Participated in the 2013 International Compassion Games
- September 23, 2013 - Nashville received a ranking of 2nd most compassionate city by Forbes.com.
- September 9, 2014 - Created the Official "Compassion Games Theme Song".
- September 11-21, 2014 Participated in the 2014 International Compassion Games. Featured on a local news segment!. Ranked #1 in dollars raised for non-profits, #3 hours of community service and #3 in reported acts of compassion. CLICK TO READ MORE!
Want to include your compassionate organization as part of the Global Compassion Community? We invite you to Join the Charter For Compassion and become a member of Compassionate Nashville
To become a fiscal sponsor, community partner, or steering committee member please contact Dina Capitani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compassionate Nashville is a Campaign that
promotes and celebrates compassion in every sector of society. It
connects individuals and organizations dedicated to cultivating
compassion in themselves and in the world and is part of the Charter for Compassion's International Compassionate Communities Initiative, whose purpose is to to raise awareness of the benefits of compassionate action and encourage city leadership from around the world to create and bring together efforts towards increasing compassion through local initiatives, policy, and projects.
Nashville became an official compassionate city on September 10, 2013 via our city council and mayor's Compassionate Resolution.
LISTEN TO THE COMPASSION GAMES THEME SONG! WRITTEN AND RECORDED IN NASHVILLE IN 2014!